Okay, before I get a bunch of hate messages like, “What is wrong with you? It’s AUGUST! NOT DECEMBER!” I need you to know that ordering and having promotional items printed takes time. PLUS, you don’t want to get your promo items right at the holiday time and not have them to use before it even starts!
So, now that I got that out of the way, I really hope that cuts down on my hate mail, and we can move on.
Holidays are a great time to utilize promotional items for your business and get your business name out there.
- It’s a time when people are spending money and looking for gift ideas, so if you’re offering a product or service, it’s a great time to make sure you’re in front of customers. Offering promo products is a good way to do that.
- People want to see companies having fun and making them feel good—because that’s what all holiday seasons are about. So, you’ll get in front of your potential customers in a way that matters to them.
Remember, you can do a non-denominational holiday promo too!
But, wondering how you can make the most out of a holiday promo giveaway (think: contests, events, social media madness!)? Here are my top picks:
- Throw blanket – This is more of a one-off promo item. Rather than getting a bunch printed, you’ll probably just get a few and give them away in a contest or social media promotion. People love throw blankets, especially during the winter season when everyone just wants to feel cozy. If your company has a cute mascot, logo, or saying, put it nice and big, and make the blanket super comfortable so everyone WANTS to use it all the time.
- Drinkware – If you’re hosting a big holiday event, provide all the guests with branded drinkware that they can take home with them. Whether it’s a wine glass, water glass, or coffee mug, people love collecting them and will be happy to take it home and show it off. Plus, it’s a little sign of appreciation to send them home with a gift.
- Sweatshirts – Falling along the line of people wanting to be cozy in the winter, getting some hoodies made with your logo, a catchy saying and your business name, or your business’s mascot on it is a great way to show your followers your appreciation, get your name out there with a social media promotion, and essentially provide yourself with a walking billboard when the winners wear your sweatshirts out.
- Winter gear – Think beanies, gloves, scarves, etc. Keep people warm while they promote your business. When they’re out on the slopes, holiday shopping, or just heading into work, people will see your business name or logo on their winter gear. Bonus advertisement points if you get creative with your branding here!
What kinds of promo items will you be making and handing out this holiday season? How do you get them into the hands of your fans? Comment on Print Muse’s post and show it off!